Collaborative. Innovative. Determined.
We're taking security to the cloud
With over 1 million users globally, Videoloft monitors 25 years of footage every day.
Videoloft is based across the UK and North America. Our mission is to empower the security industry to make offsite cloud storage the norm and utilize the cloud to add new and exciting features to legacy systems. To learn more about our history please read our about page.
We are comprised of experts in cloud architecture, security, app, and web development. If you would like to learn more about who we are check out our Videoloft team page.
Sales Engineer - US (Remote)
It’s an exciting time of expansion at Videoloft as we quickly become a leading player in the professional cloud-based video surveillance market. We sell predominantly via the channel through professional security dealers and integrators who add Videoloft cloud to their customers’ surveillance systems. In response to end user demand we’ve also introduced a direct-to-end-user purchase path which is showing strong growth.
The end users of our system span a variety of interesting sectors, from homeowners to restaurant chains, and healthcare facilities to cannabis growers and dispensaries.
The Videoloft platform takes the customers’ surveillance camera footage and stores it securely in the cloud, giving them remote access from anywhere at any time, via the Videoloft mobile app and web-based VMS. Our experienced engineering team sweat every single detail, meaning Videoloft users benefit from a simple install and configuration process and our extensive real-world experience of getting video to the cloud despite the toughest of network conditions.
About the role
To support our continued growth we are looking for an energetic and self motivated Sales Engineer to join our Sales and Business Development team. You will take ownership of our inbound sales and technical support enquiries in your region and play a pivotal role in converting leads to valuable opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to build on their technical knowledge and people skills to progress to an Account Management or Business Development role.
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Business Development, you will be responsible for responding to all inbound sales and support enquiries in a timely manner and to the highest possible standard. You will have great organisational skills and will be diligent in following up on every new lead and enquiry.
You will maintain an up-to-date pipeline of customer activity as well as managing technical support and quote enquiries.
You will quickly become an expert in all things Videoloft. Not only will you know our technology, features and security inside out, but you will be well versed in the cloud security landscape and be familiar with our competitors and peers within the industry.
To achieve this you will:
- Own and convert inbound interest (email and phone) from partners and end users located in your region.
- Manage all inbound enquiries & coordinate and run product demos, both for new and existing partners/end users who are interested in Videoloft cloud.
- Own and manage first line technical support for your region, with backup from 2nd and 3rd line technical support team.
- Own quote issuing and management for your region, including follow-up of existing quotes.
- Maintain a pipeline of opportunities to help meet our global sales team targets.
- Consult with partners and end users to understand their needs and align these with Videoloft’s features and value proposition.
- Be diligent in maintaining up-to-date notes and tasks in our CRM system to efficiently manage the sales cycle.
- Be the voice of the customer – feedback market trends and customer requirements to help shape and influence our future developments.
- Work cross functionally with an internationally based sales, marketing and engineering team.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- 1 year inbound sales or customer service experience (in the professional security industry is not essential but beneficial).
- Proven ability to nurture and develop customer relationships.
- A self-starter attitude, with proven ability to work independently and remotely but also as a collaborative team-player.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Obsession with organisation, detail, multitasking and time management.
- An interest in new technology trends, including cloud and AI.
- Ability to travel to trade shows in North America/UK.
Why work for Videoloft?
Videoloft is a UK head-quartered independent company with an entrepreneurial spirit and passionate team. There are no overbearing egos, the whole team work collaboratively across departments to support each other and make Videoloft a fun and exciting place to work. The Videoloft founders and board members have a strong proven track record of growing technology start-ups into successful global businesses across a variety of industries.
In joining Videoloft as a Sales Engineer you will become a key member of a driven international team whose mission is to accelerate the adoption of cloud video surveillance. Joining at this early stage of our expansion gives you the exciting opportunity to own and grow your role and influence the future success of the company.
We also offer lots of great benefits:
- Flexible working hours & remote working
- Life assurance scheme
- Healthcare plan including vision & dental
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Does this sound like the role for you? Please apply by sending us your resume along with a short explanation of why you’re perfect for the role and why Videoloft is perfect for you.
Benefits of working at Videoloft
No open positions that suit you?
If there are no vacancies listed that suit your skillset please email us with your CV. We would love to hear from you and we are always on the lookout for new talent!