Are you searching for a mobile app to view your Uniview cameras? Great news, we have one!
Whether you own a Uniview security system or you’re a security professional looking for a remote viewing solution for your customer’s Uniview cameras, Videoloft can help.
Videoloft is a cloud video storage and mobile app compatible with Uniview CCTV cameras, and is available both for iPhone and Android phones
Indeed, there are other mobile apps for Uniview cameras out there, such as EZView or EZLive. However, Videoloft offers an array of further features, such as:
- Secure cloud backup for Uniview CCTV
- 24/7 remote access to Uniview cameras’ live streams and up to 4K recorded video
- Unlimited motion alerts, customizable AI powered alerts and camera status alerts
- Advanced recording and alert scheduling options
In this guide we’ll take you through all Videoloft mobile app features available to you once you’ve connected your Uniview cameras to Videoloft.
Uniview camera app setup
If you haven’t yet connected your Uniview cameras to the Videoloft cloud, then give this step-by-step guide a read.
If you already have a Videoloft account, all you’ll need to do is download the app on your iPhone or Android mobile phone and log in.
Continue reading to find out more about Videoloft’s mobile app for Uniview cameras.
Access Uniview cameras via the mobile app
With the Videoloft mobile app you can remotely view your Uniview cameras’ live streams and recorded video at up to 4K resolution.
By default, the Cloud Adapter will record on motion only, but you can choose continuous 24/7 recording as well. It will store it for the duration of your cloud recording subscription plan (e.g. 7, 30, 40 days).
- To view Uniview cameras’ live video via the mobile app, from the main menu screen tap ‘Viewer’
- Tap the calendar icon to search for a particular motion event
- Choose the date you are interested in looking at
- Tap on the event you want to watch to view a particular motion event
- Each recorded event can be:
- Shared with anyone as a video or as a picture
- Downloaded to your phone
- Permanently deleted
Detect motion on your Uniview cameras
Videoloft mobile app allows you to remotely control your Uniview cameras as well as set up motion detection zones. To do that, follow the below steps.
- Tap the cog icon next to the camera you want to adjust the motion detection settings
- Scroll down to ‘MOTION DETECTION’ section
- Tap ‘Sensitivity Threshold’ to adjust camera sensitivity, and choose a value between 1 and 10.
- The sensitivity will depend on the location of your Uniview camera and the likelihood of movement. The lower the value you choose, the higher the camera’s sensitivity is.
- Tap ‘Detection Zones’ to set up or adjust camera motion detection zones
- Use your finger to mask the area you don’t want to monitor
Receive alerts for Uniview CCTV via the mobile app
Videoloft mobile app will alert you when motion is detected on your Uniview cameras.
- Tap the cog icon next to the camera you want to adjust the motion detection alerts for
- Scroll down to ‘ALERTS – Motion / Analytics’ section
- Switch the motion detection alerts on or off by using the toggle button
- You can also choose the type of alerts you will receive when motion is detected
- If alerting is switched on, but you don’t want to receive alerts for every motion event, you can set a minimum gap between alerts. The minimum gaps for push notifications and emails need to be set up individually. To set up the minimum gap between alerts, tap on ‘Min Gap Between Notifications’ or ‘Min Gap Between Emails’
- For push notification alerts choose minimum gap from 1 minute up to 2 hours
- For email alerts choose minimum gap from 10 minutes up to 24 hours
Camera status alerts
Videoloft mobile app can also notify you if your Uniview cameras go offline or come back online.
- Tap the cog icon next to the camera you want to adjust the motion detection settings for
- Scroll down to ‘ALERTS – Camera Status’ section
- Switch the camera status alerts on or off by using the toggle buttons for push notifications and/or email alerts
You can also use the Videoloft mobile app to configure personalized and smart AI powered alerts for your Uniview cameras. However, please note Videoloft’s video analytics is available as an add-on feature. You can create personalized alerts based on object detection via the mobile app follow the steps in this setup guide.
While specific analytics notifications can only be created via the mobile app, you can use the Videoloft web viewer to search and view analytics based events from your Uniview cameras.
Schedule recording and alerts for Uniview cameras via the mobile app
Use the Videoloft mobile app to schedule when your Uniview cameras record and when you receive alerts. You can also configure these schedules for specific cameras and/or time periods.
The Videoloft mobile app allows you to set up a cloud recording schedule for your Uniview CCTV system and apply it to all cameras.
- Tap the cog icon next to the camera you want to adjust the cloud recording schedule for
- Next, tap on ‘Camera Schedule’ and choose day(s) you want to set the schedule for, then tap ‘Add schedule event’
- Set the start and stop time(s) as required
- Click ‘Save’
Videoloft mobile app allows you to set up an alert schedule for your Uniview CCTV and apply it to all cameras.
- Tap the cog icon next to the camera you want to adjust the alert schedule for
- Next, tap on ‘Alert Schedule’ and choose day(s) you want to set the schedule for, then tap ‘Add schedule event’
- Set the start and stop time(s) as required
- Click ‘Save’
Why Videoloft mobile app for Uniview cameras?
In addition to various features and benefits, Videoloft is also a scalable and flexible cloud based CCTV solution.
Not only are its cloud storage plans affordable, but it’s also compatible with a wide range of professional security cameras other than Uniview, such as Axis, Dahua or Hikvision.
So, what’s next?
Interested in Videoloft for your home or Videoloft for your business? Look no further, choose your cloud plan, and create your account by getting started.