What information will Videoloft collect about me?
How will Videoloft use the information they collect about me?
What is the legal basis for our processing your personal data?
Our processing of personal data will satisfy at least one of the following processing conditions:
- Consent – you have given consent to the processing for one or more specific purposes. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time but this will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- Necessary for performance of a contract – The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract. Where this ground applies the provision of the information is a contractual requirement and if you fail to provide it we will be unable to provide the services that you have requested;
- Legal obligation – The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- Vital interests – The processing is necessary in order to protect your or another person’s vital interests, e.g. in medical emergencies;
- Public functions – The processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us;
- Legitimate interests – The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data. Legitimate interests include transfer of data for internal administrative purposes, market research activities, direct marketing purposes, preventing fraud, ensuring network and information security and reporting criminal acts or threats to public security.
How long will Videoloft keep my information?
We will generally keep your personal data until it is no longer required for the lawful purpose(s) for which it was obtained. If you consent to marketing, any information we use for this purpose will be kept by us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
When you create a Videoloft Partner account, you automatically have access to a free demo account for up to 5 cameras with 7 days cloud recording. We will store your video in the Videoloft cloud for this period.
Will Videoloft share my personal information with anyone else?
We may share your information with our advisers, suppliers, customers and partners as is necessary to ensure that you are provided with the services you have requested. We will not share your information with any third parties for reasons other than providing the services you have requested.
We collect information about you to provide your services, manage your account and, if you agree, to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you. In providing our services, we may send your details to, and also use information from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
Videoloft will keep your information confidential except where (i) disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to law enforcement agencies who require the information from us in a formal legal request or pursuant to court orders or legal process), or (ii) we have your consent to disclose the information, or (iii) as deemed necessary, in our reasonable discretion, to protect the legal rights or property of Videoloft or a customer or third party, or to prevent personal injury, or (iv) in the event Videoloft is required to transfer personally identifiable information to a third party in the event of a sale, merger, assignment, joint venture or other transfer or disposal of all or part of its business, though any new owner would be required to adopt the same protections, or (v) as may be permitted under applicable data protection and/or privacy laws.
Where is my data stored?
Any video that you record using our service is stored in the Videoloft “cloud” which is hosted by Amazon Web Services, who also host thousands of other major brands across the world. Videoloft uses two AWS data centres, one in Ireland and one in North Virginia, USA. When you register, Videoloft choses the closer data centre. For example, users who register in Europe will have their videos stored in Ireland and those who register in the Americas will have their videos stored in the USA.
We may also share some personal data or usage data (not video) with the third parties below:
- Some usage data, such as what features you have used in the app, is gathered and stored in Google Firebase. This data is used to analyse what our users are doing as a group in order to help us improve the service. It is not used to analyse what you are doing as an individual unless you contact us and ask us to investigate a problem that you have experienced.
Please note that this may include the transfer of your personal data to one or more countries outside the UK.
Deleting video & personal data
Your video is stored in the Videoloft cloud and it is automatically deleted after a number of days depending on your account level. Once deleted, the video cannot be recovered as no back-ups are stored.
If you have created a shared link to a clip or a motion event, the video behind that link is never automatically deleted. Links to shared clips or motion events will work until you un-share the link or delete your account.
If you delete a recording session on the Videoloft web site, all the video recorded in that session is immediately deleted and can never be recovered.However if you delete a motion event in the Videoloft app, no video is deleted. In fact, motion events deleted in this way can be recovered by the support team.
If you delete one of your devices on the Videoloft web site, all the video and database entries for that device are deleted immediately. However, the video behind any shared links for that device will not get deleted, so the links will continue to work.
If you want to delete your Videoloft Partner Account, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have deleted your account your email address is removed immediately from our database. This means that any error logs we store can no longer be tracked back to you individually. All of your video (including the video behind your shared links) will be deleted within 48 hours. Also your device names and the titles and descriptions of your shared clips are removed from our database.
Your right to be forgotten
Your right to a copy of or to extract your personal data
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you via a subject access request. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us at email@example.com, supplying an email address to which the information should be sent. We may use reasonable means to verify the identity of the person making the request. If we hold a large quantity of data, we may ask you to specify the information or processing activities to which the request relates. We will provide an electronic copy of the information free of charge but we may charge a reasonable, administrative-cost fee if further copies are requested. We will respond to subject access requests within a month. We can extend this by a further two months if the request is complex or if we have received a large number of requests. We can refuse to respond to the request if it is manifestly unfounded or excessive (or charge an administrative fee). We may refuse a request where it is not made for the purpose of allowing you to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of the processing we are carrying out. We can withhold personal data if disclosure would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others, e.g. involving the conduct of a business in, for example, intellectual property rights, trade secrets and confidential information.
You can extract and download all of your video using the features of the Videoloft service. If you have a valid reason, such as wanting video as evidence in a court case, we can help speed this process for you if you contact our support team. The only personal data we store other than your video is your email address, device names and the titles and descriptions of your clips – you can see all of these in the Videoloft UI.
What are your other rights?
In certain circumstances you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. We will comply with the request where our processing is for direct marketing purposes or based on the processing conditions of public interest or legitimate interests. We will not comply if the processing is for legal claims or based on a compelling legitimate interest which overrides your interests.
If you have a complaint, please raise this with us in the first instance using the contact details shown above. If you remain dissatisfied you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.