Will Videoloft view my video data?
How will Videoloft use the information they collect about me?
- provide of the Service and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- for “service administration purposes”. This means Videoloft may contact you for reasons related to the service you’ve signed up for. For example, to provide you with password reminders. Or to notify you that a particular product, service or activity will be suspended for maintenance;
- provide you with information about Videoloft’s services, products or activities;
- personalize the way the Videoloft presents its service to you;
- use IP addresses to identify the location of users. Also to block disruptive use and establish the number of visits from different countries;
- analyze and improve the Videoloft service and provide you with the most user-friendly experience
What is the legal basis for our processing your personal data?
- Consent – you have given consent to the processing for one or more specific purposes. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- Necessary for performance of a contract – The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract. Where this ground applies the provision of the information is a contractual requirement. If you fail to provide it we’ll be unable to provide the services that you have requested;
- Legal obligation – The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- Vital interests – The processing is necessary in order to protect your or another person’s vital interests, e.g. in medical emergencies;
- Public functions – The processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us;
- Legitimate interests – The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data. Legitimate interests include transfer of data for internal administrative purposes, market research activities, direct marketing purposes, preventing fraud, ensuring network and information security and reporting criminal acts or threats to public security.
How long will Videoloft keep your information?
We may share your information with our advisers, suppliers, customers and partners. This may be done as it’s necessary to ensure that you’re provided with the services you have requested. We will not share your information with any third parties for reasons other than providing the services you have requested.
We collect information about you to provide your services, manage your account and, if you agree, to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you. In providing our services, we may send your details to, and also use information from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
Videoloft will keep your information confidential except where (i) disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to law enforcement agencies who require the information from us in a formal legal request or pursuant to court orders or legal process), or (ii) we have your consent to disclose the information, or (iii) as deemed necessary, in our reasonable discretion, to protect the legal rights or property of Videoloft or a customer or third party, or to prevent personal injury, or (iv) in the event Videoloft is required to transfer personally identifiable information to a third party in the event of a sale, merger, assignment, joint venture or other transfer or disposal of all or part of its business, though any new owner would be required to adopt the same protections.
Where does Videoloft store my data?
Deleting video & personal data
Your video is stored in the Videoloft cloud and it is automatically deleted after a number of days depending on your account level. Once deleted, the video cannot be recovered as no back-ups are stored.
If you create a shared link to a clip or a motion event, the video behind that link is never automatically deleted. Links to shared clips or motion events will work until you un-share the link or delete your account.
If you delete one of your devices on the Videoloft website, we’ll delete immediately all the video and database entries for that device. However if you delete a motion event in the Videoloft app, no video is deleted. In fact, motion events deleted in this way can be recovered by the support team.
If you delete one of your devices on the Videoloft website, all the video and database entries for that device are deleted immediately. However, the video behind any shared links for that device won’t get deleted, so the links will continue to work.
Please contact your Provider, or Videoloft, if you wish to delete your Videoloft account. Once your Provider or Videoloft has deleted your account, we’ll remove your email address from our database. This means that any error logs we store can no longer be tracked back to you individually. We’ll also delete of your video (including the video behind your shared links) within 48 hours. Finally, we’ll remove your device names and the titles and descriptions of your shared clips from our database.
Your right to be forgotten
In certain circumstances you have a right to be forgotten by Videoloft. We do not need to comply if the processing is necessary for rights of freedom of expression or information or for compliance with a legal obligation under law or in certain other limited circumstances permitted by applicable law.
The way to be forgotten is to simply ask your Provider or Videoloft to delete your account. We’ll delete all your video within 2 days. We’ll remove your email address from our database, so there’ll be no way for us to link any server logs back to your account. We keep the server logs as ‘anonymized data’ so that we can analyze it to help us improve the service.
If you have sent any emails to our support team and you want these to be ‘forgotten’ please contact our support team.
Your right to extract your personal data
Videoloft’s right to refusal of extracting your personal data
What are your other rights?
In certain circumstances you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. We’ll comply with the request where our processing is for direct marketing purposes. We’ll also comply if it’s based on the processing conditions of public interest or legitimate interests. We won’t comply if the processing is for legal claims. We also won’t comply if it’s based on a compelling legitimate interest which overrides your interests.
If you have a complaint, please raise this with us in the first instance. If you remain dissatisfied, you have the right to lodge a complaint. You can lodge the complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.